Saturday, December 5, 2009

Buying a Christmas Tree - no easy task



I thought going to buy a fake Christmas tree tonight would be a quick & easy purchase. I knew I didn't want, nor could I afford a $200 artificial tree, but I had no idea how many choices there'd be...I did know I wanted one with the lights included. Very practical. I thought I could get away with spending between $50 & $100. There was a perfect one for $35, but it was on the "Charlie Brown" side and of course was sold out.
My 5 yr old fell in love with a 4 foot baby blue piece-o-crap tree and I couldn't have that for our real family tree. I didn't even think it could support any lights or ornaments, but I thought what the heck, I'll get it for him and it can be "his tree". It was only 15 bucks. Then I saw some pink and purple trees of the same kind. He said "I want a different colors tree" and eventually I found a fiber-optic number which looked very multi-colored/rainbowish on the box and it was only $12. The real family tree ended up being $88, so I think I did pretty well. I did purchase a star for each tree, Christmas cards, pajamas, stocking caps, etc., so my total bill ended up being ~$200, but hey it was Wal-Mart. I usu. spend at least $50 no matter what I go in there for.

No comments:

Post a Comment